lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sys properties Was: java.io.tmpdir as lock dir .... once again
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:34:36 GMT
I can't explain why, but I feel like the old index format should stay
by default.  I feel like I'd rather a (slightly) faster index, and
switch to the compound one when/IF I encounter problems, than have a
safer, but slower index, and never realize that there is a faster
option available.

Weak argument, I know, but some instinct in me thinks that the current
mode should remain.

Otis