lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: using lucene to search in a 1 huge file. (aka "grep -n")
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 14:40:19 GMT
In order for this to make sense, you would have to split your huge file
into either lines or blocks, whichever you want to be your indexing and
search/hit unit, and convert those to Lucene Documents, which you would
then index.
Searching would then return the line/block where matches are found.

Otis