lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karl Koch" <TheRan...@gmx.net>
Subject VSpace Model Index <-> Prob. Model Index - Difference?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:24:13 GMT
Hello group,

coming back to the discussion about probabilistic and vector space model
(which occured here some time ago), I would like to ask something related.

I only know the index structure Lucene offers. Does a IR system, based on
the probabilistic model (e.g. Okapi) look different from a VS model? If yes,
why?

I hope this questions is not too stupid. I am mainly interested because of
some theoretical background...

Karl