lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Supun Edirisinghe <>
Subject Re: FuzzyQuery info
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:23:53 GMT
thanks, Erik, it was exactly what I was looking for. seems like you are
a very active writer in the java community--great work

now, one more question: what are the big performance hits from using a
FuzzyQuery. what are some bad cases to use it(eg. many words in the
phrase? long strings? ) would it be better to read up on the Levenshtein
algorithm or to get into the internals of Lucene and compare what is
done in FuzzyQuery as opposed to something simpler like PhraseQuery