lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Query syntax on Keyword field question
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:10:15 GMT
QueryParser and Field.Keyword fields are a strange mix.  For some
background, check the archives as this has been covered pretty
extensively.

A quick answer is yes you can use MFQP and QP with keyword fields,
however you need to be careful which analyzer you use.
PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper is a good solution - you'll just need to use an
analyzer for your keyword field which simply tokenizes the whole string
as one chunk.  Perhaps such an analyzer should be made part of the
core?

	Erik