lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joachim Schreiber" <yos...@web.de>
Subject Similarity - position in Field[] effects scoring - how to change?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:05:40 GMT
Hallo,

I run in following problem. Perhaps somebody can help me.

I have a index with different ids in the same field
something like

<s>00000000
<s>45678565
<s>87854546

Situation: I have different documents with the entry <s>00000000 in the same

document 1)

<s>324235678565
<s>324dssd5678565
<s>45678324565
<s>00000000
<s>8785454324326

document 2)

<s>324235678565
<s>00000000
<s>45678324565
<s>8785454324326

when I search for "  s:00000000 "  I receive both docs, but document 1 has a
better scoring than document 2.
The position of <s>00000000 in doc 1 is Field[4] and in doc 2 it's Field[2],
so this seems to effect scoring.

How can I disable this behaviour, so doc 1 has the same scoring as doc 2???
Which method do I have to overwrite in DefaultSimilarity.
Has anybody any idea, any help.

Thanks

yo