lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joachim Schreiber" <>
Subject Similarity - position in Field[] effects scoring - how to change?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:05:40 GMT

I run in following problem. Perhaps somebody can help me.

I have a index with different ids in the same field
something like

Situation: I have different documents with the entry <s>00000000 in the same

document 1)

document 2)

when I search for "  s:00000000 "  I receive both docs, but document 1 has a
better scoring than document 2.
The position of <s>00000000 in doc 1 is Field[4] and in doc 2 it's Field[2],
so this seems to effect scoring.

How can I disable this behaviour, so doc 1 has the same scoring as doc 2???
Which method do I have to overwrite in DefaultSimilarity.
Has anybody any idea, any help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message