lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Hermsdorf <>
Subject Re: Leading Wild Card Search
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:04:03 GMT

> I've written a PrefixQuery and it's not hard to do  -I can post it too.
> Problem is that it is not integrated into the query parser (.jj) so odds
> are noone will use it, and the general sentiment on this list (and lucene-dev)
> is that prefix queries are evil because it's an expensive operation as the query
> code has to traverse all terms to "expand" the query. I would prefer
> a more user oriented view i.e. just allow it as sometimes it's what you need and
> the only alternative I can think of, doing a fuzzy query, isn't quite right.

wow - great!
I'm looking for a sample code for quite a goode time. I'd like to test the performance on
our data to see if it's really that slow.

It would be great if you could post a URL whrer to find your extension.

thank you

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message