lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Ilyin <dmitri.il...@dynamic.de>
Subject weblogic cluster, index on NFS and locking problem
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:09:11 GMT
Hi,

We run our application on weblogic cluster. the lucene index service
runs on both server in cluster and they both write to one index
directory, shared via NFS. We have experenced a problem with commit.lock
file, that seems not to be deleted and stayed in the index directory, so
we could not start indexing any more becouse lucene could not
create/read commit.lock file.

I'm not sure what excatly our problem is. It could be NFS problem or it
could be our "usage" problem. We are just starting to use lucene and
could made something wrong.

We use lucene to index and to search documents. Write/read could be
concurent.

I saw in the list some messages about problems with lock files on NFS
file system. But i could not realy understand what the problem is.

How can we improve our solution?? What do we have to do excatly to avoid
problem with stayed commit.lock file???

thaks for any advise

regards

Dmitri