lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Saltysiak, Byron" <Byron.Saltys...@turner.com>
Subject RE: Database
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:38:54 GMT
I have integrated with a database by creating Document objects based on rows from the database
and then creating indexes as normal. That was rather easy to implement.

Let me know if there is an easier or more direct way to use Lucene with the database.

- Byron Saltysiak

-----Original Message-----
From: Parminder Singh [mailto:psingh@mahindrabt.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 11:56 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Database

I've a CMS application that deploys metadata to a database. Is it possible to use lucene to
search this database instead of it's (lucene's) index. If you could tell me the steps that
would be involved in doing this, it'd be great help. I'm new to Lucene.

Thank You.

Parminder Singh

In war: resolution. In defeat: defiance. In victory: magnanimity. In peace: goodwill. - Sir
Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com