lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Clay, Brian" <bc...@dalycommerce.net>
Subject RE: Lucene 1.3 final -- Lock/Segment permission errors
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:29:20 GMT
Thanks.

It actually works out that we have to edit either the java.policy or
[application].policy file to add the directory that we are intending to use.
Unfortunately it is not as dynamic as one would hope.

For those that might have the same problem here is the line that is added to
the .policy file:

permission java.io.Permission "[directory]", "read,write, delete";

Bri

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 3:52 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Lucene 1.3 final -- Lock/Segment permission errors

I would first look at the exact command line that is used to start the app
server.  Could it be that includes something like
-Djava.io.temp=some-directory-here ? Lucene uses java.io.temp System
property to determine the location/directory to use for lock files.  Maybe
this app server uses some directory with insufficient permissions.

Otis