lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Did you mean...
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:58:46 GMT
On Feb 16, 2004, at 10:34 AM, lucene@nitwit.de wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2004 15:16, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>> And thus the nature of the problem.  Try using the WhitespaceAnalyzer
>> instead to see what you get.
>
> Can I chain multiple analyzer in order to filter common stop words?

You cannot chain Analyzers per se, but you can easily write a custom
analyzer that does chaining of all of the various operations like stop
word removal, lower-casing, stemming, filtering, etc.  Have a peek at
the source code of your favorite analyzers to get an idea of how these
are built - and you will see how simply they are put together.

	Erik