lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <>
Subject Re: index: how to store binary data or objects ?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:07:28 GMT

On Feb 10, 2004, at 14:53, Markus Brosch wrote:

> My application will deal with "small" data sets. The problem is, that
> I want
> to index the content (String) of some objects. I want to refer to that
> object once I found this by a keyword or whatever.  So, using a simple
> map or
> tree?

Something along these lines:

- When indexing your object, you create one Lucene document for it and
store its unique identifier as a keyword along side whatever you want
to index.

- When retrieving your documents, you can use this keyword to reference
your object.

> Another problem is, that my objects can change their content and must
> be
> "reindexed". Is it possible to remove the single index for that object
> and build
> a new one without reindexing all?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: