lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Spencer <dave-lucene-u...@tropo.com>
Subject Re: MoreLikeThis Query generator - Re: code for "more like this"
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:35:31 GMT
markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>Here's the results of some tests using David's "more like.." class.
>
>http://home.clara.net/markharwood/lucene/mlt.htm
>
>Looks useful.

Thanks for testing.

> I have a couple of suggestions in the review.

Your text copied here and my comments:

 > Overall, a pretty useful class. I'm not sure if the "stop words"
stuff is useful in the class - most systems > have these defined in the
analyzer.

Good point, I was following the orig mail suggesting this algorithm and
didn't think it thru.
Should be able to set the table to null to disable this in my class.

 > Also I think the "defaults" for minTermFreq should be dynamic and
adjust subject to the example text > length. If its short there is
likely to be little in the way of word repetition.

Good point, adaptive "AI" would make sense here.

 > I would also suggest making the parameters have getters/setters
rather than exposed public fields.

Yeah, for consistency this is probably true. I'm tired of typing in
obvious 1 line getter/setters
that no real point ( though I have been doing this for years) so left
'em out.

thx,
 Dave