lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQLDirectory
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:39:10 GMT
That could work.  It would essentially be using a MultiSearcher against
a set of SQL-based IndexReaders, no?

Doug

Chong, Herb wrote:
> i agree mostly. however, i wonder if moderate sized indices that haven't been merged
might be able to realize adequate performance this way while at the same time allowing some
of the other desireable properties of using a database. what i am thinking of is that instead
of a single posting list for a term that there be several moderately large ones, something
like a set of indices from separate indexing runs before they are merged. delete performance
would still be lousy, but add performance might be OK if the add operations were done in memory
before committing them to the database. there would be a second index column, something like
index number or something like that.