lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sam xia <hope...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: segments question
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:58:59 GMT

> I'd recommend a pool of filters for each category.
> Regenerate them
> when the index changes, otherwise leave the
> instances alive and reuse
> them for queries - this will speed things up pretty
> dramatically I'd
> guess.  There is a QueryFilter you could use, or
> write a custom one
> that could be faster.
>
> 	Erik

thanks for your quick response, Erik. BTW, I checked
your web site, the logo is cool.

Is there a way to store the filter cache to hard
drive? Then I can just read it from hard drive. Since
I have lots of categories, it might be impossible to
cashe every query filter bitsets in memory.

How about I keep every category to one segment? Then I
have 10000 segements to work with. Is it going to be
faster than the filter solution?

------
Plus:
I am looking forward to your lucene book. I found one
in Amazon.com. Not sure if any good.

Professional Portal Development with Apache Tools :
Jetspeed, Lucene, James, Slide (Wrox Press)
by W. Clay Richardson (Author), Donald Avondolio
(Author), Joe Vitale (Author), Peter Len (Author),
Kevin T. Smith (Author)

-- thank you