lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: commit.lock file
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:33:21 GMT
If there are commit.lock files being left over, you should really
investigate why that is happening.  Something is probaly dying, and you
are not catching it and cleaning up by closing things like IndexReader
or IndexWriter.
If you want to forcefully unlock the index, use isLocked and unlock
methods in IndexWriter.  Not recommended, though.

Otis