lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Index advice...
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:47:39 GMT
Without seeing more information/code, I can't tell which part of your
system slows down with time, but I can tell you that Lucene's 'add'
does not slow over time (i.e. as the index gets larger).  Therefore, I
would look elsewhere for causes of the slowdown.
The easiest thing to do is add logging to suspicious portions of the
code.  That will narrow the scope of the code you need to analyze.

Otis