lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Caroline Jen <jiapei_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Need Advices and Help
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:38:39 GMT
I am trying to build message inboxes for all
registered members of a web site.  Therefore, each
thread (i.e. under a certain discussion topic) can
have several postings.  And each registered member's
inbox showes a number of threads.

post receiver (register member) --> threads --> posts

I have figured out all the properties of a thread;
such as threadID, receiver, sender,
lastPostMemberName, threadCreationDate,
threadLastPostDate, threadViewCount, threadReplyCount,
..., etc.

I have also figured out all the properties of a
posting; such as postID, parentPostID, threadID,
receiver, sender, lastEditMemberName, postTopic,
postBody, postCreationDate, postLastEditDate, ...,
etc.

I want to use the Lucene to store and search threads
and postings.

What should be the "key"?  What is the proper way to
store messages so that I can list threads when a
registered member wants to view his/her inbox?