lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Indexing multiple instances of the same field for each docume nt
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:07:55 GMT
On Feb 27, 2004, at 10:00 AM, Moray McConnachie wrote:
>> Are you using QueryParser?  Try using a TermQuery("product",
>> "PROD_A")
>> when indexing as a Keyword and see what you get.  If that finds it,
>> then you are suffering from analysis paralysis.  QueryParser, Keyword
>> fields, and analyzers are a very "interesting" combination.
>
> Yes, it works correctly by using a straight term query.
>
> Does this mean that whenever I want to do keyword searches, I must
> avoid
> QueryParser?

Not necessarily.  This is a bit of an involved issue, and I posted a
more extensive reply on this a few weeks ago (pasting a bit of our
Lucene in Action discussion on it - perhaps search for
"KeywordAnalyzer" to find that mail)

Look into PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper.

> Is it also the case that QueryParser is comparatively slow? I haven't
> done
> any heavy-duty testing of this, and of course the use of the .NET
> platform
> may not be helping, but that is my perception.

Slow, nah... not on the Java side of things at least.

	Erik