lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramy Hardan <j...@hardan.de>
Subject Re: Search Refinement Approaches
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:48:45 GMT
Hello Dror,

> Hi Ramy,

> Maybe I'm misunderstand the question but wouldn't creating a
> that ANDs the original query and the new one do what you want?

You are absolutely right. This approach would yield the desired
result. But what I'm concerned about is to find the most performant
way of achieving this. I'm afraid that queries become slower as they
get more complex (the refinement levels increase). The bottom line
probably is that I have to implement the different strategies and
compare their performance.

Thanks and best regards

Ramy