lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: segments question
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:26:30 GMT
On Feb 25, 2004, at 4:01 PM, sam xia wrote:
> Or should I build the whole thing into one big segment
> and use the filter to do this. There is a DateFilter.
> Is there a way to implement a category filter?
>
> What is the best way to accomplish this?

I'd recommend a pool of filters for each category.  Regenerate them
when the index changes, otherwise leave the instances alive and reuse
them for queries - this will speed things up pretty dramatically I'd
guess.  There is a QueryFilter you could use, or write a custom one
that could be faster.

	Erik