lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Justin Woody" <justin.wo...@comcast.net>
Subject Query question
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 20:27:42 GMT
Hello all,

I am a relatively new user to Lucene. I have indexed several database
tables, but I am having problems returning the search results I would
like. Here is the example

I have unStored index on the description column

Description examples:
department a building 4
building 9 department 2
system builder room 89

If I search the index for "building" it comes back fine (2 records) or
"builder" (1record), but if I search for "build*" I only receive one
record, in my example, the second record. The client would like all 3
records to come back. Is there a way I can make that happen? I've been
trying different query types and syntax, but haven't been able to
succeed.

Thanks

Justin