lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving the content from hits...
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:47:11 GMT
Actually, creating a Field with a Reader means the field data is
"unstored".  It is indexed, but the original text is not retrievable as
it is not in the index (yes, it is tokenized, but not kept as a unit,
and is very unlikely to be the same as the original text)

If you need the text to be stored in the index, read the text into a
String and use that Field.Text variant rather than a Reader.

	Erik