lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Weir, Michael" <Michael.W...@cognos.com>
Subject Performance difference between 1.2 and 1.3?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:00:28 GMT
I am fairly new to Lucene and I have noticed a difference between Lucene
1.2RC1 (which came with our build of Cocoon) and the new Lucene 1.3Final.

I am indexing about 400 very small documents, each in 10 languages.  The
document contents are basically a product name and description.  With Lucene
1.2 my little test takes about 13.2 seconds and when I change to using the
Lucene 1.3 jar file the test takes 38 seconds.  I am not using the Snowball
stemmers, and my code is as vanilla as it gets (I think).

Is this a known problem?  Or is there a known fix?

Thanks for any help.

Michael Weir · Transform Research Inc. · 613.238.1363 x.114