lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Using Russian analyzer in Luke
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:00:26 GMT
On Jan 25, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Pasha Bizhan wrote:
> My code is only example  and RussianCharsets.RussianUnicode too.
> We use RussianCharsets.CP1251. But other people can use other charset.
>
> I think that Russian Analyser must not has no-arg constructor.
> The choise of default charset is not evident.
> The user must specify charset.
>
> I thin that original problem is Luke's problem, not Russian Analyser.
>
> Do you understand me?

Yes, I understand now.  I think it is reasonable to have a no-arg
constructor in this case though.  Even if there is no one standard
character set, it will be up to the user of the API to specify one if
the default is not good enough.

I'd like to keep the no-arg constructor there, but perhaps if there is
a more commonly used character set than RussianUnicode we could switch
to that.

Any objections?

	Erik