lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: use Lucene LOCAL (looking for a frontend)
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:09:50 GMT
On Jan 28, 2004, at 9:01 AM, Sebastian Fey wrote:
>> How you present the search results will be up to you and the needs of
>> your
>> project.
>
> ive NO experience with java.
> it would be nice to see an example of a webinterface, that implements
> lucene to have something to start with.

No offense intended at all, but you'll really need some Java experience
to do stuff with Lucene.  There is no real good out-of-the-box
front-end at the moment, unless you went with something like Searchblox
(www.searchblox.com).

My JavaDevWithAnt project provides a front-end (using Struts) similar
to the one that comes with the demo.  You can get JavaDevWithAnt (and
build it yourself) at http://www.ehatchersolutions.com/JavaDevWithAnt

	Erik