lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Query question
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:06:58 GMT
On Jan 13, 2004, at 5:21 PM, Scott Smith wrote:
> I guess what is confusing me now is that the search code no longer
> references an analyzer???!!!  How does it know how to tokenize, stem,
> etc.
> the search terms?

It doesn't.  A TermQuery is exactly as-is.  If you need the analysis
part, you can use QueryParser or talk to an Analyzer directly and use
the TokenStream it feeds you back to build TermQuery's by hand.  I
would not recommend using QueryParser for code-generated queries -
there are just too many variables in that equation for comfort (to me).

	Erik