lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Keeping" <Ben.Keep...@landmark-information.co.uk>
Subject RE: use Lucene LOCAL (looking for a frontend)
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:37:07 GMT
For an "out of the box" job, I found searchblox pretty impressive, and easy to install.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Fey [mailto:fey@parsytec.de]
Sent: 28 January 2004 14:23
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: AW: use Lucene LOCAL (looking for a frontend)

>Not being funny, but if you have no experience in Java, then why are you using a Java
API >for index building/text searching ?

im just testing some possibilities.
though i cant write an java application, i can read it and, if someone gives me something
to start with, im sure ill make it. if lucene seems to be the best solution, ill spend some
time to leran something about java.

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this e-mail and you are not a named
addressee, please inform Landmark Information Group on 01392 441700
and then delete the e-mail from your system. If you are not a named
addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on this e-mail. This email and any attachments have been scanned for
viruses and to the best of our knowledge are clean. To ensure
regulatory compliance and for the protection of our clients and
business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our
servers.