lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Scheffler" <thomas.scheff...@uni-jena.de>
Subject merged search of document
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:23:20 GMT
Hi,

I need a tip for implementation. I have several documents all of them with
a field named DocID. DocID identifies not a single Lucene Document but a
collection of them. When I wan't to start a seach it should handle the
search in that way, as these lucene documents where one.

example:

Document 1: DocID:XYZ

containing: foo

Document 2: DocID:XYZ

containing: bar

Document 3: DocID:ABC

containing: foo bar

Document 4: GHJ

containing: foo

As you already guesses, when I'm searching for "+foo +bar" I wan't the
hits to contain Document 1, Document 2 and Document 3, not Document 4. Is
that clear what I want? How do I implement such a monster? Is that
possible with lucene? The content is not stored within lucene it's just
tokenized and indexed.

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas Scheffler