lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setMaxClauseCount ??
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:46:26 GMT
setMaxClauseCount determines the maximum number of clauses, which is not
your problem here.  Your problem is with required clauses.  There may
only be a total of 31 required (or prohibited) clauses in a single
BooleanQuery.  If you need more, then create more BooleanQueries and
combine them with another BooleanQuery.  Perhaps this could be done
automatically, but I've never heard anyone encounter this limit before.
  Do you really mean for 32 different terms to be required?  Do any
documents actually match this query?

Doug