lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hamish Carpenter <ham...@catalyst.net.nz>
Subject Re: Lucene based projects...?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:12:40 GMT
Hi All,

My company has been working on a project involving lucene and intend on releasing the source
for it.

It is a socket based wrapper for lucene.  It listens on a socket for index and search requests
then performs them and sends the results back down the socket.  The aim was to integrate lucene
searching into our companies projects that do not use java.  The 'luceneserver' accepts a
text based http header type of request and more recently an xml message type.  To use it you
application will need to be able to create, receive and interpret these messages.

If any one is interested then I can send them the source for it, 2.4Mb including libraries
or 1.2Mb inlcuding only essential libs (log4j, dom4j) or finally 250kb with no libs.

Any questions, I'd be happy to help, it needs a FAQ anyways!

Hamish Carpenter
Catalyst IT