lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Leo Galambos <Le...@seznam.cz>
Subject Re: IndexHTML example on Jakarta Site
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:50:51 GMT
Colin McGuigan wrote:

>It creates an index, but when I search using
>http://localhost:8000/luceneweb/
>The page works but I do not get any replies.

Can it read your index? See indexLocation in configuration.jsp

>1. How do you specify which directory is to be searched
><snip>

I agree with Erik, that you would rather use an application which is
ready for use in a minute. IMHO Lucene is library/API and unless you are
a JAVA developer, it does not fit your needs. Some applications are
listed here:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java/Server-Side/Search_Engines/
Omit the Lucene link, else you will be in an endless loop... ;-)

If you must use Lucene, try to find something for you here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/powered.html
You may be interested in i2a, but their demo (@24.9.177.111) is dead
right now.

Cheers,