lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chong, Herb" <HCho...@bloomberg.com>
Subject RE: setMaxClauseCount ??
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:29:27 GMT
there are just about as many ways of doing it as there are papers that talk about automatic
relevance feedback. many require domain-specific reference documents that are full of facts
and therefore good sources of related words. some people use Wordnet. some of these techniques
can add 400-500 terms into a query if they are searching long documents and using reference
documents that are equally long. the technique is very important only when searching long
documents and almost irrelevant for very short ones.

Herb....

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Koch [mailto:TheRanger@GMX.NET]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 11:09 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: setMaxClauseCount ??

that sounds interesting to me. I refer to a paper written by NIST about
Relevance Feedback which was doing test with 20 - 200 words. This is why I
thought it might be good to be able to use all non stopwords of a document for that
and see what is happening. Do you know good papers about strategies of how
to select keywords effectivly beyond the scope of stopword lists and stemming?