lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ankur Goel" <ank...@brickred.com>
Subject RE: Lucene with Postgres db
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:20:56 GMT
Thanks for reply...but I still have some confusion.

While creating indexes when we have documents in directory structure we just
have to pass directory path as argument here when we will execute select
query should the returned data be in InputStream form?

While searching how the index will map to the documents in database since we
have documents stored in different tables in database?
Ankur Goel
Brickred Technologies
B-2 IInd Floor, Sector-31
Noida,India
P:+91-1202456361
C:+91-9810161323
E:ankurg@brickred.com
http://www.brickred.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 5:52 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Lucene with Postgres db

Use JCDB to connect to your DB, issue appropriate SELECTs to select
each of you entity/document units, then use the returned data to create
instances of Lucene documents, add those to the index via IndexWriter,
and you got yourself a Lucene index that represents data you have
stored in DB.

If your DB changes frequently, and you want your index in sync with DB
at all times, then you have to figure out how to add/delete/update your
Lucene index every time one does INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE against your DB.

Otis