lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene with Postgres db
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:22:25 GMT
Use JCDB to connect to your DB, issue appropriate SELECTs to select
each of you entity/document units, then use the returned data to create
instances of Lucene documents, add those to the index via IndexWriter,
and you got yourself a Lucene index that represents data you have
stored in DB.

If your DB changes frequently, and you want your index in sync with DB
at all times, then you have to figure out how to add/delete/update your
Lucene index every time one does INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE against your DB.

Otis