lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ardor Wei <>
Subject Lucene search result no stable
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:57:47 GMT
Hi, experts,

Our application pulls data out of DB and write as
lucene document every 5 minutes. We use a loop to keep
updating document. But we only use 1 writing thread
and always closes IndexWriter once we finish writing.
Unfortunately, we always got IOException and
FileNotFoundException ( I guess there is some problem
with the lock time setting inside Lucene, though I am
not sure). Our IndexSearcher doesn't do deletion, so
it is thread safety. But the problem is we sometimes
get the results (e.g 10) we expect, sometimes we get
nothing. I traced with other engineers through our
code using Lucene. It looks like it is pretty straight
and correct. But the exceptions keep being thrown and
I think the unstable search result is also related to
these exceptions.

What might be the problem? How to solve it?
Any suggestion or idea will be appreciated.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message