lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pawan preet <pawanpreetsingh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: StandardAnalyzer and numbers indexed as text
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:57:59 GMT
Hi
  if u want that your number like 200x should not filter by StandardAnalyzer then
Change the method isTokenChar() called in CharTokenizer.java file and
is implemented in LetterTokenizer.java

So do not filter number : for that use
 Character.isDigit(char)

Patrick Kates <patrickk79@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a text field called ACTIVE_YEAR that stores (of course) a year like
2003. When I index this field I can see the number in my index (using Luke)
but I can't search it. If I add a text character to the end of the field
and index it (200x) I can then search and find 'x', but not any portion of
the number.

One finally piece of info, when using Luke to view the terms contained in
the index I can find my 'x' term, but none of the years are listed as terms.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

pdk