lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: search DB data
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:47:56 GMT
On Wednesday 07 January 2004 17:08, Kevin Price wrote:

> I will have users enter in their search text.  The data that needs to be
> searched is stored in a DB.   So I would like to do a query against the
> Database, and then somehow use Lucene to parse those results for all of
> the searching options (Boolean operators, multiple words,
> wildcards,fuzzy, etc).

Lucene works on its own index files. So the usual way is to index the data
in the database with Lucene and then query Lucene. Parsing the database
results during search time with Lucene doesn't seem to be possible/useful.
The only thing one might want to use at runtime when the database does the
actual query is maybe the query parser (in order to build an SQL query
from the user's input).

Regards
 Daniel

--