lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From TheRan...@gmx.net
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:18:41 GMT
Hello all,

it is obviously possible to index the follwoing XML structure in Lucene:

<address>
  <name/>
  <street/>
  <postcode/>
  <niceplace/>
</address>

by mapping all the xml tags (name, street, postcode and city) it to the
documents (address) fields directly. However is it also possible to map these?

<address>
  <name/>
  <street/>
  <area>
    <niceplace/>
  </area>
</address>

Here we have a hierarchy in area (niceplace) which I want to preserve.
Suppose that the meaning of niceplace in an area is different from the niceplace
in the first xml structure (closer specified). I want to preserve this.

Is there a way to index with Lucene means? If not, are there any attempt of
people doing this or does somebody have ideas how this could be solved?

Cheers,
Karl