lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Index and Field.Text
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:22:58 GMT
On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 09:48  AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> I have seen the example SAX based XML processing in the Lucene sandbox
> (thanks to the authors for contributing!) and have successfully
> adapted this approach for my application.  The one thing that does not
> sit well with me is the fact that I am using the method
> Field.Text(String, String) instead of the Field.Text(String, Reader)
> version, which means I am storing the contents in the index.

So use Field.UnStored(String, String) then.  It is the same as
Field.Text(String, Reader).

The static "factory" methods on Field are merely for convenience.  You
can control all the flags yourself using the constructor:

	public Field(String name, String string,
	       boolean store, boolean index, boolean token)

> 2. If storing the content is going to adversaly effect searching, has
> anyone written an XMLReader that extends java.io.Reader.

You could always use a StringReader wrapper :))

	Erik