lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Gadea" <alex...@hotmail.com>
Subject java.io.IOException: couldn't delete backup
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 05:23:07 GMT
I am trying to setup a Lucene installation on a Windows 2000 server.  I can not get the IndexWriter
to initialize properly.  It fails out with an IOException error that says it could not delete
backup.  I have opened up permissions on the directory I am attempting to create the index
in as well as the directory I am attempting to read with no success.  Right now the permissions
are set to Everyone ALL and I also setup IIS to be able to write to the 2 directories in case
that was the problem.  Still no luck.  Are there any other directories/files which Lucene
needs access to that I am missing?

writer = new IndexWriter(indexPath, analyzer, bCreateIndex.booleanValue());

Thanks,

Alex Gadea