lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Returning one result
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:32:22 GMT
On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 10:41  AM, Pleasant, Tracy wrote:
> Maybe I should have been more clear.
>
> static Field Keyword(String name, String value)
>           Constructs a String-valued Field that is not tokenized, but
> is
> indexed and stored.
>
> I need to have it tokenized because people will search for that also
> and
> it needs to be searchable.

Search for *what* also?  Tokenized means that it is broken into pieces
which will be separate terms.  For example: "see spot" is tokenized
into "see" and "spot", and searching for either of those terms will
match.

Just try it and see, please!  :)

> Should I have two fields - one as a keyword and one as text?

Depends on what you're doing... but an "id" field to me indicates
Field.Keyword to me, only.

> How would I do that when I want to return search results..
>
>      Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher("index");
>      String term = request.getParameter("id");

>      Query query = QueryParser.parse(term, "id", new
> StandardAnalyzer());
>
>      Hits hits  = searcher.search(query);
>
> Would it have to be something like:
>      TermQuery query = ???

Yes.  TermQuery query = new TermQuery(new Term("id", term));

Use searcher.search exactly as you did before.  Just don't use
QueryParser to construct a query.

	Erik