lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Good and performance and fuzzy search
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:54:14 GMT
On Wednesday, December 10, 2003, at 05:27  PM, julien gerard wrote:
> But in this case the fuzzy is performed on the overall index? The
> QueryFilter do his job after ?
> I'm not sure to understand the QueryFilter meaning?
>
> But I test the QueryFilter also this way and the time to doing this
> search it's the same.
>
> The fuzzy is time consuming, this is normal, so I'm searching a
> solution to having less term to compare with fuzzy algorithm.
>
> I'm checking the FuzzyTermEnum class and searching how to redifine
> this to implement a FuzzySubsetTermEnum with constructor :
> FuzzySubsetTermEnum(IndexReader reader, Term term, Term subset)
>
> For retrieving only the term which also

You've got quite a tough task ahead of you I think.  You originally
said you wanted to limit documents, which is what a Filter does.  But a
FuzzyQuery still needs to go over all the terms, otherwise how would it
know if there was a match or not before even considering the documents.

It'll be interesting to see what solution you come up with.

	Erik