lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Help with Searching indexes from a web app (Lucene 1.3 rc2)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:30:58 GMT
Also, reindex with the new API as well.  There are likely  
incompatibilities in the index format.


On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 11:21  AM, Iain Young wrote:

> Note, that I've just tried the example webapp supplied with Lucene,  
> and I
> appear to be having exactly the same problem with that. The 1.2 version
> works ok, but the 1.3 version is displaying a path not found error.
>
> Are there any known incompatibilities with certain versions of Tomcat  
> (I'm
> currently using version 4.0.3)
>
> Thanks,
> Iain
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Iain Young [mailto:Iain.Young@microfocus.com]
> Sent: 01 December 2003 15:40
> To: 'lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org'
> Subject: Help with Searching indexes from a web app (Lucene 1.3 rc2)
>
>
>> Hi folks.
>>
>> I'm new to Lucene so this may be an obvious questions, but I am having
>> problems with Lucene 1.3-rc2. I've got a bit of code which looks  
>> something
>> like this....
>>
>> public static void getSearchResults(String searchString, String  
>> indexDir)
>> {
>>     try
>>     {
>>         Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexDir);
>>         .....
>>         etc...
>>         .....
>>     }
>>     catch (Exception ex)
>>     {
>>     }
>> }
>>
>> I'm calling it to from a web application (servlet) running in tomcat  
>> in
>> conjunction with struts and velocity. If I use the Lucene 1.2 binary
>> release, it all works fine and I get the search results ok. However,  
>> when
>> I replace the 1.2 jar file with the 1.3-rc2 jat file,  (leaving all  
>> of my
>> code exactly the same) it stops working, and I get a path not found
>> exception being thrown.
>>
>> I've narrowed it down to the IndexReader.open(final Directory  
>> directory)
>> method. Even if I pass a valid Directory object into this (created by
>> FSDirectory), it just seems to throw the exception, (even though I  
>> know
>> the directory object is not null etc). The bizarre thing is that this
>> problem only seems to occur when I run it from the web application.  
>> If I
>> invoke the same code from the command line, it works ok, (even though  
>> I'm
>> using the same string for the index dir).
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas? (I want to use 1.3 because I want to exploit  
>> some of
>> the newer features). Does running from within a web application do
>> something strange with the paths, even though the strings I'm using  
>> are
>> fully qualified?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>>
>> Iain Young
>> http://www.microfocus.com
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
> _______________________________________________________________________ 
> _
> This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed  
> Scanning
> Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
> http://www.mci.com
> _______________________________________________________________________ 
> _
>
> _______________________________________________________________________ 
> _
> This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed  
> Scanning
> Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
> http://www.mci.com
> _______________________________________________________________________ 
> _
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message