lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Maxim Patramanskij <...@osua.de>
Subject Re[2]: DateFilter or RangeQuery
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:34:11 GMT
Erik,  thanx a lot for your suggestion.

Dates currently used in the following way:

doc.add(Field.Keyword(FIELD_KEYWORD_MODIFIED, DateField.timeToString(docEnum.getLastModified())));

where is docEnum.getLastModified() is a file.lastModified()(i.e.
timestamp).

An index can contain up to 10000, so up to 10000 timestamps are
possible(and boolean query, thus, can contain that much
clauses...wow!).

Yeah, it does not really needed to store timestamps and
thus I can really use your suggestion about "YYYYMMDD" date format,
cause I don't need more precise file dates.

Max.