lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Iain Young <Iain.Yo...@microfocus.com>
Subject RE: Disabling modifiers?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:11:28 GMT
The WhitespaceTokenizer fixed the problem, so that'll do as a stop gap until
I can figure out how to write our own COBOL tokenizer.

Thanks for the help,
Iain

*  Micro Focus Developer Forum 2004     *
*  3 days that will make a difference   *
*  www.microfocus.com/devforum          *

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: 16 December 2003 12:31
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Disabling modifiers?

On Tuesday, December 16, 2003, at 07:28  AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> And yes, if you are using StandardTokenizer, you are probably not
> tokenizing COBOL quite like you expect.  Is there a COBOL parser you
> could tap into that could give you the tokens you want?

Ummm..... nevermind that last question... I just realized where you
work!  :)

So, my recommendation would be to tap into some parser for the COBOL
language that you have handy and have it feed your Analyzer
appropriately.  Or, use something very very simple like the
WhitespaceAnalyzer as a first try.

	Erik