lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Iain Young <Iain.Yo...@microfocus.com>
Subject RE: Disabling modifiers?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:31:49 GMT
<grin> Yes we have got one or two parsers floating around somewhere or other
;)

Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to be able to tap into these before next version
of the product I'm working on (can't say too much because of the nda etc),
and so for now I'm having to make do with a basic text search. I'll give the
whitespace analyzer a try and see if I get any better results.

Thanks,
Iain

*  Micro Focus Developer Forum 2004     *
*  3 days that will make a difference   *
*  www.microfocus.com/devforum          *

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: 16 December 2003 12:31
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Disabling modifiers?

On Tuesday, December 16, 2003, at 07:28  AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> And yes, if you are using StandardTokenizer, you are probably not
> tokenizing COBOL quite like you expect.  Is there a COBOL parser you
> could tap into that could give you the tokens you want?

Ummm..... nevermind that last question... I just realized where you
work!  :)

So, my recommendation would be to tap into some parser for the COBOL
language that you have handy and have it feed your Analyzer
appropriately.  Or, use something very very simple like the
WhitespaceAnalyzer as a first try.

	Erik