lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Web Lucene Question.
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:41:53 GMT
On Saturday, December 13, 2003, at 11:20  AM, Tun Lin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to type the following at Windows command line at weblucene
> directory:
>
> ant build
>
> Everything seems to work fine except the following error:

Everything works fine but it fails miserably?!  :)

> java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main

This says Ant did not even launch.  I'm not sure which "weblucene" you
mean here - the built-in demo?

My guess is your Ant installation has issues.  What does "ant -version"
tell you?  How about "ant -diagnostics"?  And finally "ant -projecthelp
-verbose"

	Erik - aka Mr. Ant