lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Niall Gallagher <niall.gallag...@analog.com>
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:45:43 GMT
Hi,

I have been using Lucene to index a large directory, indexing HTML and
text files. However during the indexing process the entire system stops,
that is the IndexWriter no longer adds Document objects to the
underlying index directory. Also, this seems to happen at random
occasions, that is, it rarely fails on the same HTML or text document.

Below I have attached the exception, once this has been thrown the index
directory is not longer updated. I can still add Document objects to the
IndexWriter without any problems, however indexing ceases. If anyone can
provide suggestions as to what the problem is I would appreciate it.

java.io.IOException: Pipe closed
        at java.io.PipedInputStream.receive(PipedInputStream.java:136)
        at java.io.PipedInputStream.receive(PipedInputStream.java:176)
        at java.io.PipedOutputStream.write(PipedOutputStream.java:129)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.writeBytes(StreamEncoder.java:334)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implWrite(StreamEncoder.java:393)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(StreamEncoder.java:134)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(StreamEncoder.java:144)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(OutputStreamWriter.java:204)
        at java.io.Writer.write(Writer.java:126)
        at
org.apache.lucene.demo.html.HTMLParser.addText(HTMLParser.java:141)
        at
org.apache.lucene.demo.html.HTMLParser.HTMLDocument(HTMLParser.java:200)
        at
org.apache.lucene.demo.html.ParserThread.run(ParserThread.java:69)