lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: Unindexed fields
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:59:15 GMT
Stored fields should be able to hold values with up to Integer.MAX_VALUE
characters, as should an indexed term.  Can you please provide a
complete, self-contained test case?

Doug

Chong, Herb wrote:
> i had an UnIndexed field which was 300 bytes. i changed it to 10,000 bytes. i also had
a Text field which contains the actual text to be indexed. the index created with a single
300 byte UnIndexed field worked and i was able to search and find documents. after changing
the UnIndexed field to 10,000 bytes and creating a new index with the same documents, running
the same queries produced 0 hits no matter what i used as the query.